- Upright Rows
- Use a close or wide grip.
- Bring the bar up to the chin.
- The elbows should come up higher than the bar.
- Exhale on the lift.
- Dumbbell Shrugs
- Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing inward and the
weights hanging at arms' length at your sides.
- Drop both shoulders down as far as possible then raise your
shoulders while rotating them in a circular motion from front
to rear. Keep your spine as straight as possible.
- You can do this standing or seated on a flat bench with
your feet on the floor.
- The non-rotating version is shown here.
- You can also do this with a barbell.